Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream can definitely be made at home. Strawberries are roasted for a stronger flavor.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided (add 1/4 cup if you like it very sweet)
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Mix milk, heavy cream, cream cheese, salt, vanilla and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place strawberries on the parchment paper and sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over them. Roast for 15 minutes. Transfer to another pan, mash them roughly, leaving big chunks and let it cool completely.
- Churn the chilled liquid according to manufacturer’s instructions. In the last 5 minutes, drop strawberries and liquid into the base a small spoonful at a time.
- Pour a little of the mixture into a container, then a little graham cracker crumbs. Repeat this until you finish the mixture and crumbs. Freeze at least 5 hours.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 491
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 839.6 mg
- Fat: 43.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 130.7 mg
Keywords: strawberry ice cream, cheesecake ice cream