Love the combination of sweet and salty flavors? We got you covered! This chocolate popcorn recipe is right for you! Homemade slightly salted popcorn is covered with melted chocolate and garnished with colorful sprinkles. Perfect for any special occasion!
You know we are obsessed with five star spicy popcorn recipe, one of our most popular snacks. This one is not spicy but wonderfully chocolate-y! For a party event, you can even prepare white chocolate popcorn too and serve them all together.
Do you ever feel stuck when you can’t find a party treat that is different from what you’ve been making for a long time?
Popcorn is fun. Chocolate is fun. When sprinkles are involved, everything is even more fun. Can you imagine what happens when these three fun ingredients are all combined in one treat?
This is one of the simplest treats ever with just three ingredients: Popcorn, melted chocolate and sprinkles.
If you want to make your own popcorn, you will need to buy corn kernels and add two more ingredients to the list that you always have in your kitchen: olive oil and salt.
How To Make
You can prepare chocolate popcorn in 10 minutes! This time is even shorter if you buy packaged popcorn. But if you love making things from scratch and think that making popcorn is fun on its own, make it yourself.
All you need to do after having a large bowl of popcorn is to coat them with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
This chocolate drizzled popcorn is definitely an easy and crazy tasty snack, which will become one of your specialties.
If you like the combination of chocolate and nuts, use crumbled nuts instead of sprinkles. Walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, peanuts or almonds would be a good match.
You can even add one or two tablespoon peanut butter into melted chocolate and then drizzle it over popcorn.
If you are a fan of orange and chocolate combination, use orange zest instead of sprinkles.
If you want to go even more naughty, smash some m&m candies and sprinkle them over chocolate covered popcorn.
- If you want even a quicker recipe, use store-bought popcorn. Make sure it is not flavored or covered with anything else. Just buy plain popcorn.
- If you decide to make your own popcorn, make sure corn kernels are suitable for popping. Also, the pot must be covered with a lid when corn kernels start to pop. Otherwise, everywhere will be in a mess.
- After drizzling melted chocolate over popcorn, let it sit until chocolate dries.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Three fun ingredients combine and make this wonderful party food!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup unpopped corn kernels
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water. Put it aside.
- Put olive oil, corn kernels and salt in a large pot, stir.
- Heat it on medium high heat, stirring for about a minute and then put a lid on it.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, until you hear them popping. Don’t remove the lid. It’s done in 2-3 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer popcorn on it. Let them cool.
- Pour or drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
- Garnish with sprinkles, wait until melted chocolate dries and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 18.7 g
- Sodium: 75.5 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chocolate popcorn, chocolate popcorn recipe, chocolate covered popcorn