White Chocolate Popcorn is one of the quickest and cutest treats to surprise your guests. I know you feel like it’s better to bake some cookies or a divine looking cake to please a crowd you invite to your home, but believe me it doesn’t always have to be that way.
Sometimes it’s really easy and cheap and requires almost no effort to satisfy people. I guarantee that White Chocolate Popcorn will change your mind. You can make it for any occasion from birthday parties to movie nights. You can even make these as a Super Bowl snack as an alternative to Salty Spicy Popcorn or as a Valentine’s Day gift.
You just need 4 ingredients for this White Chocolate Popcorn. Corn kernels, oil, white chocolate and sprinkles of your choice. Sprinkles are optional as always, but come on don’t they look cute? I can’t imagine a party food without sprinkles! If you don’t have sprinkles on hand, you can just crush some candy canes or sprinkle a little cinnamon.
I’ve never tried store bought popcorn as I always prefer to pop it myself. But if you want to save even more time, and if you like the store bought ones, go ahead and buy some. If you are planning to make it yourself, I can share some little tips about it. I don’t have a special device for it, I always use the old stove-top method. Grab a large pot, toss in the corn kernels and drizzle some oil. Stir with a spoon and put it covered over medium high heat. Wait until you hear popping sounds, then maket he lid slightly ajar. Wait for about 30 seconds, then shake the pot and leave the lid ajar. Repeat the same step one more time and when the popping sounds slow down, take the pot from heat but don’t remove the lid. Just wait until you hear no popping.
Then transfer them on a large baking dish lined with baking paper in a single layer. Drizzle some melted white chocolate over them. Top with your favorite sprinkles to have a more fancy looking. Your white chocolate popcorn is ready almost in no time.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
White Chocolate Popcorn
Popcorn drizzled with melted white chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 7 ounces white chocolate
- Put sunflower oil, corn kernels in a large pot. Stir a little. Make sure the kernels are in a single layer.
- Cover the pot and heat it over medium high heat. Wait about 30 seconds until you hear popping sounds. Remove the pot and shakeback and forth. Put it back on the stove with its lid slightly ajar. Repeat this two or three times in a minute.
- When the popping slows down, remove the pot from heat and wait until you hear no sound.Make sure the pot is still covered.
- Transfer the popcorn on a large bakind dish lined with baking paper.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over simmering water until melted.
- Using a spoon drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn. Wait for about 10 minutes and sprinkle the sprinkles as you would like.
- Wait until the chocolate hardens. Break into small pieces and serve.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 847
- Sugar: 88.9 g
- Sodium: 136.6 mg
- Fat: 51.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 91.5 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 31.2 mg
Keywords: white chocolate popcorn