What I like about chocolate salami is that it’s a quick no bake dessert which is as tasty as a good chocolate cake. It is one of the easiest desserts I know and I think it is a well known one around the world. Another great thing about this easy chocolate dessert is that it’s so fun to make it just like making truffles and you can show your creativity and surprise your guests with the additional ingredients you add in it. So Snickers Chocolate Salami came out of my creativity.
I hadn’t known that there were numerous versions of chocolate salami around until I decided to make one some time ago. To be honest, I must tell you that I was completely confused about the ingredients.
Chocolate salami mainly contains chocolate, butter and biscuits but it’s inevitable to feel puzzled when you see so many different recipes.
Some recipes call for milk and cocoa powder while some call for melted chocolate. Some use raw yolk, some don’t. Some have sugar, some don’t. I’ve tried several recipes since then and created my own version at last.
I use both melted chocolate and milk&cocoa powder mixture in my chocolate salami. I use yolk, but not raw. I cooked it over boiling water with melted chocolate and butter. Well, I don’t see much difference between this one and the eggless one, it just helps a bit for a nice thickness of the chocolate mixture. You can just leave it out if you don’t want egg in your salami.
Snickers makes any dessert more irresistible! Period. I’m sure you can guess how scrumptious this Snickers Chocolate Salami is. If you haven’t try snickers in such a sweet salami yet, you don’t know the taste of heaven! If you are making it for a party, snickers will help your dessert be a hit!
The coating varies too. Some recipes use powdered sugar while some others use cocoa powder. I prefer unsweetened cocoa powder since the salami is already sweet enough.
It looks like a classic salami, doesn’t it? Just the color is different, so it’s a great surprise for kids too! You should get your kids involved in making this quick no bake snickers chocolate salami!
You can store it in refrigerator up to one week. It can be served with ice cream in summer.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Snickers Chocolate Salami
Easy no bake chocolate salami with snickers. This is always a winner!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 2 yolks
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200g biscuits
- 150g snickers
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp extra cocoa powder for coating
- Melt dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over boiling water.
- Take it from heat when they completely melt.
- Fold in yolks one by one and mix. Put the bowl back over boiling water and let it sit there for about 5 minutes. This will help the yolks cook.
- Crumble biscuits roughly in a large bowl and pour the chocolate mixture on them.
- Chop snickers and add in the mixture.
- Mix cocoa powder and cold milk in a small pot and bring it to boil.
- Let it boil until thickens.
- Pour it to the bowl and stir with a spatula.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and wait in refrigerator for 45 minutes until firm.
- Lay plastic wrap on the counter and place the mixture on it.
- Form it into a log pressing gently from ends, top and bottom.
- Wrap it as tightly as you can to keep the log shape and twist the ends.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Unwrap it and dust cocoa powder on it.
- Cut into slices and serve.