Avocado Corn Fritters served with yogurt dip make a wonderful appetizer for summer get-togethers. Packed with avocado, fresh corn and feta, these restaurant- style fritters are so addictive. They make a great after-school snack too!
Fritters are always a hit as an appetizer or as a breakfast food in our cuisine. The best thing about fritters is that you can serve them either warm or cold. They are tasty in both ways. You already know that I love to try new things with avocado and these avocado corn fritters happened out of my curiosity. I had never cooked avocado before and I was wondering it. Then making these fritters with corn and avocado came to my mind last night when I was in my bed just trying to sleep.
What to make with leftovers
We had these fritters as a breakfast food this morning and I can proudly say that they were amazing! We had the leftovers as a side dish at dinner. So don’t worry if you can’t finish these, just store the leftovers in the refrigerator to serve later. It would be great to put some of these in your lunch box or have them as an after-school snack or as a mezze when drinking beer.
Are they gluten-free?
I used cornmeal in the batter of these fritters unlike the batter of our regular zucchini fritters, which contains all purpose flour, so it’s a great recipe for those following a gluten-free diet. These are as good as our gluten-free zucchini fritters!
It was the first time I made corn and avocado fritters, but won’t be the last. I will be making these more often when picnic time arrives here!
Do you love corn recipes and want to learn more? Here are a few more:
- Corn Salad With Avocado - Recipe Tin Eats
- Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole - Give Recipe
- Fresh Corn Peach Salsa - Give Recipe
- Grilled Butter Miso Corn - No Recipes
- Mexican Corn On The Cob - Give Recipe
Avocado Corn Fritters
Gluten-free fritters packed with corn, avocado and feta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14 fritters 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal (not starch)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tablespoons corn
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Beat the eggs well.
- Add in yogurt, cornmeal and salt, mix them well.
- Fold in diced avocado, corn and feta. It will be like a thick cake batter.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the skillet. Make 4 or 5 fritters at a time.
- Cook them until golden for about 2 minutes, flip them over and cook the other side.
- Repeat for the remaining batter, heating ½ tablespoon oil each time.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 1 fritter
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 78.1mg
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 29.5mg
Keywords: corn fritters, gluten-free fritters, avocado fritters