Lime Bundt Cake with lime glaze is a wonderful treat for citrus lovers. Who doesn’t like that amazing flavor and scent of citrus fruit? We’ve already started to see wonderfull smelling mandarins, oranges and limes at the market. This is one of my favorite times of the year, so I get really excited when I think about all the recipes with limes, lemons, oranges and grapefruit I’m planning to make throughout the season.
If you don’t like the strong flavor of limes and prefer using lemon, just go ahead. You may also want to check our Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, which is sweet and quite lemony. I slightly drizzled this Lime Bundt Cake with lime glaze and loved the result. I didn’t use much glaze since I didn’t want to have an overly sweet cake in the end. Thanks to the lime juice and lime zest in and on top of the cake, it was wonderfully tangy with a mesmerizing lime scent. You can even feel like you are in a lime orchard. Citrus fruit have a special place in our family, everyone loves them so much. We love to have something with citrus flavor in all seasons. Creamy Lemon Ice Cream loaded with lemon zest and Lime Icecream are our summer favorites and this lime cake has already become a hit for fall and winter.
I love when I end up with a scrumptious success in the kitchen and this cake was one of those successful treats. Nobody wants to have a failure after preparing all ingredients and spending time on a recipe, I know. Trust me, this Lime Bundt Cake is a foolproof cake, so you can try it with no worries. The glaze is optional and you can have your cake plain, but I have a suggestion for serving. Sprinkle little powdered sugar and a little lime zest on top of the cake right before serving to double the joy as I do whenever I make Zesty Lemon Carrot Cake.
More Lime Cake recipes I’d love to try:
More Bundt Cake RecipesPrint
Lime Bundt Cake
Not too sweet, wonderfully tangy lime cake with lime glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 and ½ teaspoons lime zest
- 2 and ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
For the lime glaze:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter a 9 inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in milk, olive oil, lime juice and lime zest and mix.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and add the mixture gradually into the wet mixture. Stir with a spatula just until everything is blended.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and bake about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest in the pan for about 15 minutes and remove it from the pan.
- For the glaze, whisk together the juice, zest and powdered sugar until smooth. Add extra powdered sugar if you want a thicker glaze. Drizzle over the cake when it is completely cooled.
Keywords: lime bundt cake, bundt cake with lime glaze, lime cake