Summer is almost here. We absolutely love summery drinks when it starts to warm up. We need refreshing drinks to beat the heat, right? We love to make our drinks at home because it is simple and fun. We already love our perfect Fresh Homemade Lemonade, but this time I wanted to add a little strawberry flavor in it. I made Strawberry Tart yesterday and there were a lot of berries left. I can’t think of a better treat to use them up than a very refreshing Perfect Strawberry Lemonade!
How to make lemonade is not rocket science, and everyone knows it. You can make lemonade simly by mixing lemon juice, water and sugar, but there are some tips to make your lemonade perfect. These tips are true for this strawberry lemonade as well. The first and the most important thing is that sugar must be dissolved in water well and you can succeed this by using hot water.
Another thing is you should toss in some zest or lemon slices with their skins into the mixture when hot and add strawberries when it cools down a bit so that you feel the flavors better. Chill it after these and serve with lots of ice.
The sweet and musky strawberries pair wonderfully with the zesty flavor of lemons, which makes this Strawberry Lemonade a unique summer treat. The pretty pink color of this lemonade easily attracts children’s attention, so they will like it more than plain lemonade. This lovely looking lemonade makes a great drink for birthday parties or school parties of your kids.
I used sugar for this recipe, but you can use whatever sweetener you like. Honey or grape molasses would definitely make it even more nutritious, so if you are planning to make it for kids; these would be a better choice.
We don’t like our drinks too sweet, so this strawberry lemonade doesn’t have a lot of sugar, you can adjust the sweetness to your taste. It depends on the strawberries you use too; if they are not sweet enough, you might need to add more. If they are too sweet, you might even leave the sweeteners out.
If you have good strawberries and fresh lemons, make a batch of strawberry lemonade and make your family feel ready for boiling summer days! You can even make Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles later.
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup strawberries
- Half lemon, sliced thinly
- Fresh mint leaves
- Combine sugar and hot water and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add in thinly sliced lemon into it and when it comes to room temperature, set in the fridge to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Put strawberries into a blender and puree. Add in lemon juice and blend until combined well.
- Using a clean cheese cloth or a strainer, strain the strawberry and lemon juice mixture so that you have a clear lemonade.
- Pour it into the mixture of sugar, water and lemon and mix well with a spoon.
- Add in sliced strawberries.
- Wait in the fridge for about an hour to have a really cold lemonade.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves and crumbled ice.
- Make sure you chill the glasses before serving to have the best result.