Vegan Red Lentil Spinach Soup is a hearty and comforting soup that has been a staple in my home for years. Super creamy without anything dairy and amazingly flavoursome.
I love to use lentils as the main ingredient in soups when I want to make a healthy veggie soup. This lovely green soup sounds like a different version of Lentil and Spinach Soup, which is a pretty filling soup on its own. They are different though.
This creamy spinach soup is a combination of red lentils and spinach leaves. I’ve searched for spinach soup recipes before writing this post to see how others are making spinach soups. To my surprise, nobody has ever combined these two. The world is missing A LOT! This red lentil and spinach soup is so good that everyone in your family will crave for more.
It’s ludicrously easy to make this soup. Saute onion, garlic and spices with olive oil and then just bring all the ingredients to boil. Let it simmer until all flavors combine well. And then blend until creamy and smooth. This is a creamy soup without any cream. Thanks to the red lentils!
The spices I use in this soup are not optional. They make the soup that scrumptious, so trust me and don’t leave any of them out.
If you are after healthy soup recipes that your whole family will love, you won’t need to search for it any longer. This creamy greeny soup does the trick.
Try it even if nobody in your family is vegan. Full of vitamin C, protein and fiber. Are all these for vegans only? No way. You will even start to accept that vegan recipes could be crazy good as well.
No need for fancy toppings for this soup. It really doesn’t need it. The only thing you need is a squeeze of lemon juice when serving.
OTHER VEGAN SOUP RECIPESPrint
Vegan Red Lentil Spinach Soup
A hearty vegan soup with red lentils, spinach and spices.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: vegan soup
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 and ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt to taste
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mint for garnish, optional
- Saute onion and garlic with olive oil in a large pan over low heat until slightly golden- about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the paprika, cumin, black pepper and dried mint. Cook for one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the salt, lentils, spinach, water and lemon juice. Cook until everything is mushy, for 30 minutes.
- Use a hand blender and blend until smooth. Stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Serve with extra lemon juice and optionally with mint sprigs.
- Serving Size: 6