Pasta with Cheese and Meat Sauce has all the flavors that the whole family loves. Pasta, cheese and meat are like the words of happiness.
If you are after a vegetarian pasta recipe that is as flavorsome as this one, check out our sun-dried tomato pasta recipe!
It’s impossible not to feel in heaven when these three combine with some additional flavors like summer tomatoes, basil and garlic. What more is there to say? Make this quick and easy dinner and take your family to heaven with you tonight!
This Pasta with Cheese and Meat Sauce is one of our ultimate weekday dinner recipes because it’s ready in 25 minutes, it’s tasty and a perfect crowd pleaser. It’s been one of my favorite meals since my childhood. Mom used to make it at least once a week and even the comforting smell of it coming from the kitchen was enough to make us feel happy and united. So this pasta reminds me of those precious years with my family, which is the biggest reason why I love it that much.
Oh and this Pasta with Cheese and Meat Sauce goes perfect with red wine, preferably Syrah aka Australian Shiraz. I’m still nursing our precious boy though, and I’m not drinking but this pasta and wine will probably be my first dinner after weaning him.
It’s the cheesy meat sauce that makes this pasta that scrumptious. Saute finely chopped onion with ground beef and add in tomato puree with a little Homemade Tomato Paste to have a more intense tomato flavor. I used pureed summer tomatoes that we canned last summer –love preserving foods for winter! Jalapeno and garlic accompany tomatoes. Summer tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic. Nothing can go wrong with these three.
Add your favorite melting cheese into the pan once the meat sauce is done. This final touch makes your pasta addictive and to die for. I used mozzarella, but you can use parmesan or a combination of these.
Toss in the boiled pasta and combine well. Serve hot and get ready for the next time when you will make it again since everyone will start to beg for the second.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!Print
Pasta with Cheese and Meat Sauce
Easy, cheesy, meaty pasta that is really comforting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- ½ pound pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, optional
- 2 cups pureed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain well. Leave some water, you might need to use it in the sauce.
- Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
- Put ground beef in a large pan and start to cook it covered over the lowest heat. Let it release its juice. Bring it to medium high heat and continue cooking uncovered. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in olive oil and add in chopped onion when there is amost no juice in the pan.
- Add in tomato paste, pureed tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Season with black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt. Stir and cook until it gets thick. If you think it’s too dry, add some water in which you boil the pasta.
- Remove from heat and add in shredded mozzarella. Stir well.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 533
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 916.7 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Protein: 46.8 g
- Cholesterol: 80.1 mg
Keywords: pasta with meat and cheese