4-Ingredient Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets are magical treats that can make your guests admire you. You don’t need more than 30 minutes to make these flaky puff pastry tartlets filled with silky chocolate and fresh strawberries. And you need just 4 ingredients. You can even make it with 3 ingredients if you omit egg brush. Run to the kitchen and make these easiest cakes to welcome spring in your home!
I got the recipe for these 4-Ingredient Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets from our almost 2-year-old son’s teacher at the nursery. I wanted to make these the first moment I saw the picture she shared on instagram. So it was like love at first sight. BTW you may want to check out our instagram account to see more pictures from the blog and our life.
I’m like crazy when spring comes and when we can have very sweet fresh strawberries. I love to bake and try recipes with these little cute red guys. I’m sure I will be making Perfect Strawberry Lemonade or Eggless Strawberry Ice Cream soon when the weather gets a bit warmer. I think strawberries even have a healing effect for mind and spirit. They make people happier just like chocolate. And this recipe combines these two. Can you imagine how happy you will feel when you are enjoying these puff pastry tartlets? The joy definitely doubles! You will start to feel better even when you are preparing them. I love to work with puff pastry sheets as they always listen to you. It’s very easy to shape them and you can create presentable treats with them.
As the name implies, you don’t need many ingredients to make these 4-Ingredient Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets and this makes everything easier and faster. Well, I’m almost always on the side of making everything from scratch but sometimes using packaged food helps you with time. I might make the chocolate filling myself by mixing heavy cream and melted chocolate, but our teacher suggests using packaged pudding saying that everything is quicker this way.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
4-Ingredient Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- 10 square puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate pudding, bought from market
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 370F (190C).
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Using a glass, cut a circle from 5 of the sheets and overlap those sheets with a large hole on each of the other 5 sheets. Stick them by pressing on the edges with your fingers.
- Brush these with egg yolk and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool.
- Divide them into two to make a chocolate layer. Spread chocolate pudding on one half. Put the other half back and continue filling it through the hole with chocolate pudding.
- Garnish with strawberries in the way you like and optionally dust with powdered sugar when serving.