3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Truffles are the easiest holiday treats that can even be as a holiday gift. I know some of you might be hesitant when you read the word ‘vegan’ in the title. Honestly, these will amaze you with their chocolaty taste. I must warn you. Learning that these are vegan and gluten-free will make everyone eat even more, so get ready for this!
I love the simplicity of making these 3 ingredient vegan chocolate truffles. Believe me it’s possible to create a fantastic dessert with just 3 ingredients. And it takes almost no time to put things together. So these are perfect when you have unexpected guests. Kids will also love these and enjoy them as if they were eating store bought chocolate truffles.
I’ve been trying vegan recipes for the little one in our family since he was diagnosed with egg and dairy products allergy. He loves snacking on things between meals, so I decided to make vegan truffles for him. The first ingredient that came to my mind was dates as he loves dates as they are. I thought truffles would be a great alternative for him. And you know what? We made these together and it was really fun. He always loves to work in the kitchen with me and I guess these will become his favorite things to make as I gave him the ‘roll the truffles in cocoa powder’ step. Please try not to visualize the kitchen mess! He absolutely loved these truffles! He even gobbled a few of them before they were chilled.
I use soft dates for these 3 ingredient vegan chocolate truffles, so it isn’t so hard to blend them. If your dates are not soft enough, you need to soak them in warm water for about an hour, drain, dry and then blend.
So as you can guess, the second ingredient is cocoa powder in this recipe. What about the third ingredient? Any ideas? To give these truffles a subtle citrus flavor, I used orange juice. It also helps when blending the dates as it prevents them to get too dry. If you want to give these your personal touch, you can add another ingredient such as nuts or dried berries or raisins.
Vegan chocolate truffles mean NO BUTTER at all. Don’t you think it makes these guilt-free too?
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Egg-free, dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate truffles are absolutely guilt-free too!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 15
- 2 cups soft dates, pitted
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus 1/4 cup for coating
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Put the pitted dates, cocoa powder and orange juice in the blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape the mixture down occasionally. You might need to add extra orange juice if it gets too dry or hard to blend.
- Transfer the mixture in to a bowl and make small balls. Wet your hands occasionally when making balls as the mixture is sticky.
- Put 1/4 cup of cocoa powder into a bowl and roll the balls into this cocoa powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the truffles on it. Chill for about an hour to firm up.
3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Truffles are the easiest holiday treats. Everyone will want to eat more after learning these are the healthiest treat too.- giverecipe.com