I woke up with a terrible sore throat this morning. I mean it was that pain waking me up and it was so hard to gulp. It is not a kind of feeling I’m familiar with as I rarely fall sick even in the coldest weather. I have such a strong body that I don’t need to wear so thick clothes during Winter while everyone tries to cover their whole body, even their foreheads. My friends are always surprised how I can bear such freezing degrees. When they ask me how, my constant answer is related to what I eat.
Although I felt better at the end of school time, I didn’t want to prepare a complete meal for dinner as I was off my food. The only dish I could eat was a warm soup. When I opened the refrigerator, I saw we had almost nothing left except a few zucchinis. I didn’t know a soup with zucchini, not so common here. Remembering that a close friend mentioned a creamy zucchini soup she cooked before, I took a deep breath of relief. I called her without wasting any more time and got the recipe from her. The result was incredibly tasty and I had two bowls. This was my total dinner, but it was enough for me, at least today.
OTHER VEGETARIAN SOUP RECIPESPrint
Zucchini soup flavored with onion, garlic and yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 2 zucchinis, thinly chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh dill and red pepper flakes to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot and saute onion and garlic. Add in chopped zucchini and saute them for about 5 minutes.
- Pour hot water into it and bring it to boil.
- Mix yogurt and flour in a bowl. Do not pour it directly into the pot. Take some hot water with a ladle from the pot and add it little by little to yogurt and flour mixture. This helps yogurt to ‘adapt’ to the heat of the soup. Otherwise, it goes bad.
- If it’s still cold, add some more hot water into it and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pot, but don’t hurry while doing this. Stir well and mix it with a blender until smooth.
- Boil it a few minutes more. Add salt and serve it hot.
- You can garnish it with fresh dill and red pepper flakes.
Keywords: zucchini soup