Spicy Beef Quesadillas make the perfect second meal using leftover beef stir-fry. I must admit that this is the first time I’ve made quesadillas at home. To my surprise, it tastes amazing! Even better than the beef stir-fry. I will definitely be making it often. It was so easy to make that I started planning to make quesadillas with various filling combinations when hubby and I were gobbling my first and very best spicy beef quesadillas.
I love when I use leftovers to make another meal. I love it more when it turns out tastier than the first meal. We had some leftover beef stir-fry yesterday and I thought it was the time to use it up to make quesadillas. Beef stir-fry is one of the meals I make very often as it is easy and everyone in the family loves it. How come I didn’t share its recipe here before? Can’t believe that! Anyway, you will get the recipe below alongside with the quesadilla recipe. Two birds with one stone!
You can just make the stir-fry for dinner one day and then make quesadillas with the leftovers next day. You might have to increase the measurements though if you have a crowded family and you doubt whether there will be any leftovers.
It becomes easy peasy when the filling is ready, so having some leftovers is always great. You only need tortillas, cheese, spinach leaves and some chili then. Your spicy beef quesadillas are ready in 10 minutes.
I used two tortillas in this recipe, just like making a sandwich. I like to cut it in wedges. You can use just one tortilla, put the filling on one side and then fold the other side over it and then slice it or eat it whole.
Spicy Beef Quesadillas
Spicy Beef Quesadillas make the best meal with leftover beef stir-fry. Ready in 10 minutes and disappear in seconds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1lb chopped beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 and ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 tortillas
- ½ cup chopped spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add in chopped beef. Cover, bring it to the lowest heat and let it cook until first release juice and then absorb most of it. Toss in sliced onion, green and red peppers. Add the spices. Cover and let it cook over lowest heat until tender, about 30 minutes. If it gets too dry, just pour a little hot water and continue cooking until tender. Let it cool.
- Place some shredded cheese on one tortilla. Then spread some beef filling over it. Toss some chopped spinach leaves and more cheese over it and put another tortilla over it. Gently press over it so that there are no air pockets.
- Brush a non-stick skillet with a little olive oil and heat it. Cook the prepared quesadilla in it until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes for each side. Repeat for the other tortillas.
- Serve with some chopped chili topping.
Keywords: beef quesadillas, beef quesadilla recipe