I hate wasting things! When we have leftovers, we use them in different forms not to waste. When there are millions of people around the world who can’t find enough food or even who die of hunger, I think it’s so cruel to throw food away! Noone can easily treat leftovers as rubbish when they remember that there are millions of children who go to bed hungry every night. To make people more aware and conscious, I fell more public campaigns must be held on this issue. We should never forget that not everyone living in the world is as lucky as we are, there are other people who are really in bad conditions and trying to survive. They might be thousands of kilometers away from us, but this can’t hide the reality! We can’t ignore them just because we don’t see them!
We often have leftover bread as we can’t finish a loaf in a few days. When there are a few slices left, I change their form to make them more attractive and edible. So we eat the whole bread before it goes bad.
These leftover bread and cheese patties are one of our favorite breakfast foods. Yusuf loves these so much that he asks why we have to wait for leftover bread to make these! They are never enough!
These can be served at breakfast or as appetizers. I’m sure they go very well with beer too as they are so appetizing just like our cigarette borek, which are served with beer at pubs.
Do you have leftover bread? Try these crispy outside, soft inside patties!
What do you make with leftover bread? I’d be glad to hear your recipe! Please feel free to share it in comments section!
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Leftover Bread And Cheese Patties
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 slices leftover bread, crumbled
- ½ cup cheese, feta or goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 scallions, minced, minus the white parts
- ¼ bunch of parsley, minced
- A pinch of black pepper
- Corn oil to fry
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Add black pepper and whisk.
- Crumble cheese and throw it into the bowl.
- Add in minced parsley and scallions.
- Toss in crumbled leftover bread.
- Mix them all well with a spoon.
- Heat oil and place a spoonful of the mixture into frying pan.
- Fry 5 or 6 patties at one time depending on the size of your pan.
- Fry each side for 1 or 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer patties on a paper towel to remove excessive oil and serve warm.
I don’t add salt as the cheese I use is salty enough.
These are generally sered warm, but we love them cold too!