Do you like pasta? I can hear you saying “who doesn’t!” A research held in Turkey shows that it is the most popular dish cooked at Turkish homes. There are reasons for this. First, it’s affordable for everyone and this result is not surprising in a country with millions of poor citizens. Pasta becomes like the main food for these people. Another reason for it’s popularity is that it’s easy to cook. It is ready to eat just in 10 or 15 minutes! What is best about it is its variety of serving! Sauces can turn it into a completely new dish, so it’s possible to eat pasta everyday with various sauces feeling you’re eating different dishes. The most passionate fans of pasta could be college students living on their own. They may not know how to cook other dishes, but almost all students know how to cook pasta, some of them even create their own specialities!
Some people love it cold with yogurt or as a salad if it’s summer time, some love it with various vegetables, some love it with cheese, meat or chicken. No matter what ingredients it contains, I guess, most points are given to oven cooked pasta. I know it from my readers. My post Pasta in Oven always has more visitors than my other pasta recipes. However, I’m going to share a new recipe with mince sauce, which I feel will compete with oven cooked pasta.
You can check out my other recipes for pasta here.
- 1 cup(about 250g) pasta
- 4 cups water to boil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mince
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp pepper paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ bunch of parsley, chopped
- Heat water in a large pot over high heat.
- Add salt and olive oil in it.
- Add in pasta when it boils, stir over medium heat.
- Cook it for 7 minutes and strain.
- Heat olive oil and saute onion, peppers and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and pepper paste, stir.
- Toss in mince and stir. Cover the pot and cook about 5 minutes until it releases water.
- Season it with salt and black pepper. Let it cook until it absorbs most of its water.
- Cook it over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Serve your pasta with mince sauce and parsley topping.
- Enjoy it with yogurt!
Don’t cover the pot when boiling pasta.