Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad is a refreshing, satisfying and kid friendly meal for summer weeknights. It’s super easy to make and my carnivore family devours the whole salad each time I make it.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad is one of our favorite summer dishes. You aren’t craving for heavy meals when the temperature is intolerable, right? Neither are we! On the other hand, we still need to feed our body. The best option to do this when it’s boiling outside is a summer salad as long as it is light yet tasty and satisfying for everyone in the family. So here is one of our favorite summer salads that we enjoy as a meal. We love it even better as a summer meal when accompanied by vitaminwater®, which has lots of flavor options.
I know how it feels when your family seems unwilling to accept salad as a meal. No way with this amazing salad! Trust me you will see them quite happy when they are served this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. It is not one of those boring salads that can hardly make you feel full. Admiration guaranteed with this one as it is loaded with amazing vegetables and chicken bites. Don’t get surprised when they ask for it again the next day or even the whole week! That’s how my family reacts whenever I make this salad.
And the best part? It is a piece of cake to make this flavorsome salad. Even a person who has never cooked something can easily make it within 15 minutes. If you have leftover oven roasted chicken parts, it's even faster. You can see how easy it is in the stop motion video below. Another thing I love about this Greek Chicken Salad recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients to you or your family’s taste.
Personally I love to load my salads up with various vegetables and to give them a tangy touch in the end. Besides my staple ingredients in a salad like herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives, I used artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers in this recipe to add a little more flavor and color. Well, I just couldn’t help buying Member’s Mark whole tender artichoke hearts and hand-peeled whole roasted red peppers when I saw them at Sam’s Club, which helped me decide what to cook for dinner. As you can see in the images, the jars are big enough for me to use the leftovers in two more recipes.
It’s the same for the chicken I used in this salad. I always have a large package of Member’s Mark boneless and skinless chicken tenderloins on my shopping list because they cook easily and quickly. I use about one third of it on the same day and then save the rest in two or three freezer bags to keep them in the freezer for later use.
You know the feeling when you have things on hand that are almost ready to serve, right? Such a great thing especially when you don’t even feel like spending long hours to prepare dinner during summer months. It really doesn’t have to be that hard to make your family full and happy.
I ended up with one of the tastiest salads I’ve ever made and I think the yogurt dressing on it has a remarkable role on this. You’ll be addicted to this chicken salad without mayo! We don’t want to get extra calories during summer, right?
How to Make Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Dressing
- Plain yogurt, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and fresh dill are the ingredients we need.
- You can use fresh mint as a herb if it is what you have on hand or like it more.
- Optionally, you can use a mashed garlic clove too.
- You can either whisk them together or blend in a food processor just like I did in this recipe.
- You can prepare it ahead of time.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and whisk again before using.
- Serving extra dressing with the salad is recommended so that everyone can drizzle as much as they desire when eating.
As a huge fan of pita bread, I love to serve my salad with some pita wedges either toasted or as they are. It is optional for sure but I know you will enjoy them as much as I do.
With all refreshing ingredients, this salad has become one of our favorite meals. My family loves it with lots of yogurt dressing, they say it becomes even more refreshing this way.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
Super easy and flavorful chicken salad with an amazing Greek yogurt dressing.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Ingredients for Chicken:
- 10 Member’s Mark boneless and skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 and ½ tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients for Yogurt Dressing:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt to taste
- A pinch of ground black pepper
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 cups salad greens
- ½ cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup Member’s Mark whole roasted red peppers, chopped
- A handful of Member’s Mark whole tender artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- Pita wedges for garnish
- Whisk olive oil, black pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Place in the chicken tenderloins and stir to coat them with the olive oil mixture.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken tenderloins into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer them on a cutting board and chop them in small bites. Put aside.
- Prepare the yogurt dressing by blending all the ingredients in a food processor. Put it aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens, cucumbers, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Add in chopped salad ingredients. Top with cooked and chopped chicken, green onions, chopped black olives and parsley leaves.
- Place pita wedges on the side.
- Drizzle yogurt dressing over the salad and serve.
If you have any cooked chicken leftovers, use it in this salad and the meal is ready even faster.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 862 mg
- Fat: 20.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 23.3 mg
Keywords: chicken salad, Greek yogurt chicken salad