Is it difficult to get your family to eat veggies? Do they hate zucchini? Are you looking for ways to help them love vegetables? These Fried Zucchini Balls will solve this problem! My husband Yusuf, who is not a fan of zucchini loved these and told me to share the recipe immediately here particularly for those who hate zuchini.
I made these zucchini balls for breakfast and they were like the king of the table. They disappeared very quickly! This zucchini recipe has already taken its place in the list of our favorite zucchini treats. I must tell you that on the top of the list is still Chocolate and Zucchini Cake. If you haven’t tried it yet, go check the recipe!
I didn’t use whole zucchinis for this recipe. I stuffed zucchinis yesterday and put the leftover pulp in the refrigerator for a later use, so I used some of it this morning for these zucchini balls. I will use the remaining zucchini pulp to make Carrot Feta Zucchini Fritters I grated them and it made 1 cup after squeezed. Make sure that you squeeze the grated zucchini very well to get rid of its juice.
I combined it with 1 small potato, grated and squeezed to help the batter hold together well. Also, I used a littlechopped green onions. I do love zucchini with green onions! Another great addition was a little grated kaşar cheese, which could be substituted by parmesan or mozarella.
Göktürk is ready in the morning to taste the balls. Well, he loves zucchini and eats it with rice and ground beef once a week. Hope this doesn’t change when he grows up!
These fried zucchini balls are perfect alternative for vegetarians looking for vegetarian ‘meatballs’. If you are planning to have these at dinner or lunch, you can add grated onion and garlic in the batter alongside some spices like thyme, black pepper and cumin to give it a flavor of meatballs. I didn’t want them spicy in the morning, so I just used salt.
These could be served with strained yogurt with mint as a meze or plain at breakfast, jut with some minced parsley on the top.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Simple Fried Zucchinis
- Cornmeal Zucchini Sticks In Oven
- Deep Fried Zucchini Chips
- Baked Zucchini Vegetarian
Fried Zucchini Balls
Zucchini balls are great option for vegetarians. These make perfect snack too!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and squeezed
- ¼ cup potato, grated and squeezed
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup grated kasar cheese/mozzarella or parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons flour, I used whole wheat
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for topping
- Mix grated zucchini and potatoes with chopped green onion.
- Pour cheese, beaten egg and salt. Mix a fork well.
- Add in flour and combine them all well.
- Heat oil and leave 1 tsp of the mixture in hot oil.
- Fry in oil for less than a minute, until golden.
- Take them on a paper towel and serve warm topped with chopped parsley.