Fried Chicken Tacos have become our favorite weeknight dinner so far. These are easy, spicy and boy super tasty! This is a ridiculously easy taco recipe that can please everyone’s taste buds. These are ready in less than 30 minutes, so I’m sure this will be one of your ultimate recipe for a quick dinner.
I use boneless and skinless chicken breast pieces for this recipe. I simply coat them with spices and fry in a skillet. When we have leftover chicken though after making Simple Roasted Chicken Parts or another chicken dish, the recipe becomes even easier as the chicken pieces are already cooked.
The first taco we’ve made was a spicy fish taco recipe and we loved it so much that we’ve been eating tacos very often since then. We love the simplicity behind the amazing flavor combinations in Mexican taco recipes.
A quick chicken tacos recipe is always a winner after a busy holiday season and these fried chicken tacos rock! Besides the chicken, I made a quick tomato salsa for the filling and topped the tacos with some red cabbage and fresh cilantro. And we love some corn (I used the ones I boiled and froze last summer) and extra green chili peppers with the tacos.
I used store bought small corn tortillas for these fried chicken tacos, we love the crispiness of them. But you can use soft tortillas too.
I don’t think these need an extra topping sauce rather than lots of lime juice, so it wouldn’t be wrong to say that these are considerably healthy. You’ve already started eating healthy after a busy holiday season, haven’t you? Take the first step with this scrumptious and incredibly simple taco recipe if you don’t have an idea on how to start a healthy diet.Print
Fried Chicken Tacos
Easy yet scrumptious tacos with fried chicken, tomato salsa, red cabbage and cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- 8–10 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the spices and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes and coat them with the spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for fry about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked, for 15-20 minutes. If it gets too dry, just add a little water to prevent burning and continue cooking. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Now you can prepare the tomato salsa. In a medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, cucumber, green chili peppers and lime.
- Share the chicken in corn taco shells, top with the quick tomato salsa, red cabbage, cilantro leaves and extra lime juice if you like.
- Serve with extra green chili peppers and boiled corn.
Keywords: Chicken tacos, chicken taco recipe