These Double Chocolate Brownies are for true chocolate lovers as they are loaded with chocolate. Crunchy on the top and super fudgy on the inside, these brownies are out of this world!
The original post was published in July 2013 and updated in April 2017. I’ve made this Double Chocolate Brownies recipe lots of times since the day I first shared it with you and I’ve played with it several times to make it perfect.
A good chocolate brownie recipe must have a good amount of chocolate, right? This one is double chocolate as it has both melted chocolate and chopped chocolate chunks in the batter. Can you imagine how you would feel when you get a piece of melting chocolate in your first bite when it is still warm? You will go to heaven!
Why is this my favourite chocolate brownie recipe?
1) It has LOTS of chocolate.
2) It is made in one bowl. You make everything in one bowl, you even melt the chocolate in that one bowl. Just pick a large heat-proof bowl and let it sit over boiling water and melt chocolate in it. You can add the remaining ingredients in that bowl as suggested in the recipe.
The original post was as follows:
Are there times when you can’t stop your craving for chocolate? When do you mostly want to eat chocolate? Is it just a simple snack for you or a friend-like food that you want to be with at your hard times? The benefits of chocolate are proven and known by everyone, so you don’t feel guilty when you eat it, right? The most known benefit of chocolate is that it helps you feel happier, and soothe you when you are upset or something. So why not double your happiness with these Double Chocolate Brownies?
These chocolate brownies absolutely rock! They contain more than enough chocolate, which makes them true chocolate lovers’ favorite! I used dark chocolate for this brownie recipe, so I’m sure you will love them even if you are not a chocolate addict. You can replace it with sweet milk chocolate if you like it sweeter.
These chocolate brownies are extremely chocolatey, moist and gooey inside and a little crispy on the outside. You will love that little cracking sound when you bite it.
I love the colour range on these chocolate brownies too. You see they are light brown on the outside and dark brown on the inside.
I didn’t want it to taste too nutty, so I kept the amount of hazelnuts very little. The chocolate flavor is truly outstanding in these brownies! Ready for a real chocolate explosion?
Chocolate brownies are mostly eaten in winter. I agree that nothing could replace the joy of eating these on a rainy or snowy day while watching your favourite series! What if I tell you these brownies are perfect when chilled too? You can even have them with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the top! You can turn these chocolate brownies into an amazing summer treat this way!
You should also see the great list of Jamie’s brownies to find various attractive brownies!
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Double Chocolate Brownies
Moist and gooey brownies for true chocolate lovers!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 6 ounces (170g) dark chocolate, melted
- 5 ounces (140g) butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 ounces chocolate (80g), chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled hazelnuts, optional
- Butter a 8X8 inches baking pan. Line it with baking paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Boil water in a pot and place a large heat-proof bowl that fits over it. Melt chocolate in that bowl.
- Add in butter and mix well. Add in coffee granules and stir.
- Remove from heat and add in sugar when it's still hot. Mix it well.
- Break eggs into the bowl, one at a time. Mix between each.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour flour in it and mix just until combined.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and hazelnuts (optional). Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 min.
- Cut in squares after it is completely cooled.
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 38 g
- Sodium: 91.6 mg
- Fat: 22.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.7 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 95.9 mg
Keywords: double chocolate brownies