Are you still looking for a recipe for Mother’s Day? Don’t you think that such special days do require a good dessert? Moms always deserve the best of everything and I can’t think of a better dessert for them than this Molten Chocolate Lava Cake! You will see that amazing smile and satisfaction on your mom’s face when she dips the spoon into the cake.
The ooey gooey center in this chocolate cake is definitely mind- blowing, so I’m sure it will be a hit whenever you make. The measurements here make 4 small souffle cups, but don’t worry about their size. They are absolutely enough as these are wonderfully chocolaty and nobody wants to get the second, at least in my family.
What I love about this Molten Chocolate Lava Cake is that it takes just 20 minutes or sof rom start to finish. Can you believe that it is that easy to maket his elegant looking chocolate cake with a surprise inside?
You shouldn’t wait long to serve this chocolate lava cake if you want it to keep the molten center; otherwise it keeps baking and gets thick in some minutes.
If you want to make this heavenly lava cake even more decadent, serve it with a dollop of Homemade Elastic Turkish Ice Cream or your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
The recipe is taken from Tasty Kitchen.
Very rich, chocolaty, ooey gooey lava cake.
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
- ½ cup butter
- 220g semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Brush 4 small souffle cups with melted butter very well.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water, stir until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and egg yolks and keep stirring.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Share between cups and bak efor 13-14 minutes until the sides are set.
- Let them rest for a minute and transfer them on serving plates.
- Dust powdered sugar and cocoa powder on each right before serving.