Homemade Authentic Baklava Recipe
Irresistible homemade baklava stuffed with walnuts.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup lukewarm milk
- ½ cup juicy yogurt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup corn oil
- For rolling out:
- 500g corn starch
- 1 and ½ cup walnut, crumbled
- 150g butter
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 and ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients for dough and combine well. It will not be a too soft dough. Wait it for 20 min.
- Divide it into three and make 16 small balls from each, so you will have 3 groups of balls, each with 16 balls.
- Sprinkle corn starch over them.
- Take one of the balls and roll it out a little using corn starch. Sprinkle corn starch over it and put it aside.
- Roll out 15 balls in the same way and put them on the first one sprinkling starch between layers and they overlap.
- Repeat the same for the other two groups.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Brush a round oven tray with a little oil.
- Now take the first rolled group and roll all of them together as big as thin as you can. Use starch when needed.
- Place these layers into the tray and add half of the walnuts on it.
- Roll out the second group of 16 layers in the same way and place them right over the walnuts.
- Sprinkle the rest of walnuts on it.
- Roll out the third group and place it over the second walnut layer.
- Cut it into slices with a thin and sharp knife.
- Melt butter and pour it hot over it.
- Bake it at 190C until golden, about 50 min.
- Let it cool.
- Mix sugar and water in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Let it boil for 15 min.
- Add in 1 tbsp lemon juice, boil for 2 more minutes. Let it cool.
- Pour the cold syrup over hot baklava and let it absorb the syrup well.
- Serve at least after 4 hours.
Keywords: baklava from scratch, walnut filling