Gluten Free Buckwheat Salad
Cooked buckwheat groats mixed with cabbage, onions, cucumbers and herbs. Pickled beets on the top enrich the flavor even more.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ½ cup buckwheat
- ½ cup cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small pickled beet, diced
- 1 limon, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook buckwheat groats as told in our basic buckwheat recipe. Let it cool down completely.
- Put all the chopped veggies, herbs and cooked buckwheat in a salad bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking lemon juice, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir well.
- Serve with pickled beets on the top.
- To make meal prep much easier, you can pre-make the buckwheat and store it in the fridge. When you are ready to make the salad, simply combine all of the ingredients and serve.
- The dressing can also be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Shake the dressing before adding it to the salad to make sure the oil and lemon juice combines well.
- If you are not after vegan ideas, you can top this salad with some cheese of your choice. Ours would definitely be feta cheese.
- Also, you can add nuts like pecans, walnuts or cashews and make it even healthier.
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 715.1mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: buckwheat salad, gluten free lunch, gluten free lunch ideas