Cinnamon Walnut and Apple Rolls
Cookies filled with apple, cinnamon and walnut.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 3 apples, peeled and grated
- ½ cup walnut, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup wheat starch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to coat cookies
- To make the filling, heat a skillet and cook grated apple and sugar in it until it absorbs the juice.
- Add in cinnamon and walnuts and cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and put it aside.
- To make the dough, combine all the ingredients just until it holds together.
- Give it a big log shape and cut it into 10.
- Using a rolling pin, roll them out, giving a circular shape and cut into 8 equal pieces (just like slicing a pizza).
- Put some filling on the large side of these pieces, roll them up and place on the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly golden and let it cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Keywords: apple cookies, Turkish cookies