Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
Creamy, slightly tasty and super comforting basic tomato soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tomatoes, mashed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a pot and add flour. Cook it, stirring constantly until it gets slightly brown.
- Add in tomato paste and mashed tomatoes.
- Pour in milk and water. Bring it to boil and blend the soup until smooth.
- Let it simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Throw some croutons on top of each bowl (not in the pot!) when serving.
Keywords: homemade tomato soup, fresh tomato soup