Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
These oven-roasted chickpeas are so crispy and tasty with paprika and cumin.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven at 200 C.
- Using a kitchen towel or paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas until they are as dry as possible.
- Transfer the chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Roast them in oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them from the oven. Drizzle olive oil on the chickpeas and mix them around with your hands so that they are all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle salt, paprika and cumin and repeat the same step. Make sure they are all evenly coated with these spices.
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Check them after 15 min. and if they are not crispy enough, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Whether canned or cooked, ensure your chickpeas are patted dry. This is key for crispiness.
- Spread them in a single layer for even cooking and crispiness.
- The duration of the second roasting might change depending on the size or type of chickpeas and your oven. So check and roast longer if the chickpeas are not crunchy as desired.
- Never store crispy chickpeas in airtight containers. Keep them in a bowl or in jars without a lid. Otherwise, they lose their crispness.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 458 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: spicy roasted chickpeas, baked chickpeas