Skinny Zucchini Casserole Recipe
A very tasty zucchini casserole flavored with black pepper and a little cheese.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- ½ tablespoon butter for the pan (you can use a cooking spray instead)
- 3 and ½ cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated mozzarella, kasar cheese or parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Grease a baking pan with butter.
- Place the grated zucchini on a cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid as you can. See the video above for this.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add in the zucchini, black pepper and salt. Stir until combined well. Add in 1 tablespoon cheese and give it a good stir.
- Pour this mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cornmeal and breadcrumbs and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove it from oven, top with the remaining cheese. Make small holes with a knife and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 462.3 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 100.4 mg
Keywords: zucchini casserole, vegetarian zucchini casserole