Vegetarian Quiche With Leeks (No Blind Baking)
Easy vegetarian quiche with leeks, green onions and cheese makes a perfect tea time snack!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoon cold water
- 90g (3.2 ounces) butter, cold and cut into cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 stalks leek, chopped thinly
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¼ cup mozzarella, grated (for topping)
Make the crust:
- Put flour, salt and butter cubes in a food processor and pulse.
- Pour in cold water and pulse until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Make The Filling:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chopped leeks in it until tender. Transfer this on a large plate to let it cool.
- When it cools down, add in crumbled feta and herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and the egg. Pour this into the filling mixture and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Roll it out and place it in a tart pan (9 inch). Flute the edges.
- Spread the filling on the top and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle grated mozzarella on the top. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it set and cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- This recipe is not loaded with eggs and cream, so it is with fewer calories when compared to traditional custard like quiche fillings.
- There is no need for blind baking in this quiche crust recipe. The result is rather soft, but not soggy.
- If you want a crispy quiche crust, prebake the crust which is called blind baking. To do this, line the crust dough in the pan with parchment paper. Fill it with dry beans to weigh it down. Bake for about 15 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. Remove the beans and parchment paper. Prick the crust with a fork and bake for 10 minutes. Then put the filling on it and bake until set, for about 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6-8
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 564.4mg
- Fat: 22.5g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 80.9mg
Keywords: leek quiche, vegetarian quiche, no blind bake quiche