How To Make Vegan Buttermilk Recipe
A great vegan substitute for buttermilk than you can make with 2 ingredients. Use it in making cakes, cookies, waffles or pancakes and get the fluffiest result every time.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: How To
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Put almond milk in a medium sized cup. Pour vinegar into it and stir well.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes to curdle.
- Use it in recipes that require buttermilk.
- You can increase or decrease the amount with the same 1:1 ratio.
- You can make this recipe with any unsweetened plant-based milk. But you will get the best result with almond milk or soy milk.
- Works better when the vegan milk is at room temperature.
- Any light-colored vinegar works well.
- You can substitute lemon juice for vinegar if you don’t have vinegar on hand.
- If you don’t use it immediately, it separates. It is normal. Just give it a stir and then use it.
- You can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days if you have any leftovers. But we prefer making it right before using it in a recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 186.8 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan buttermilk, almond milk buttermilk, buttermilk substitute