Homemade Lemon Jam
Zesty, refreshing and fragrant lemon jam with three simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 small jar (200g) 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 4 lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups extra water to boil lemons zest
- Grate 3 lemons into a small bowl.
- Squeeze one of them to have 2 tablespoon lemon juice. Put the other two aside. We are not using them.
- Chop one lemon or slice it thinly into strips or rings.
- Put the zest and chopped lemon pieces in a pot.
- Pour 1 cup water over them. Bring it to boil over medium high heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain and repeat this step one more time. The bitterness of lemon zest will be removed this way.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and 2 cups water over strained lemon zest in pot.
- Bring it to boil over medium low heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. It will be runny at this step but gets thicker as it cools down.
- Keep it in a jar.
These ingredients make about 200 g jam, so double or triple the ingredients if you want a larger amount.
Keywords: easy lemon jam, lemon zest