Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup is super simple and oh-so-yummy! Packed with earthy mushroom flavor, this creamy soup will make you forget about canned cream of soups!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice
- 2 cups chopped mushroom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- A handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add in the rice and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until they are tender and browned.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over it and pour in water and coconut milk.
- Bring it to boil and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Take one cup of the soup and put it aside.
- Blend the remaining soup in the pot using a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour one cup of the soup back into the pot and give it a good stir. Add in spinach and salt. Put it back over the medium low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh dill and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 580.1mg
- Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: mushroom soup, vegan soup