Beef Stew in Clay Pot
Beef cooked with onion and garlic flavors.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tomatoes, cut in rings
- 2 cups hot water
- ½ tbsp pepper paste
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Heat olive oil in clay pot, add onions and beef. Cook it over medium high heat until beef absorbs the water it releases.
- Add chopped pepper, garlic cloves and tomatoes in this order. Do not mix them.
- Mix pepper paste, salt and black pepper with 1 cup hot water. Pour it in the pot.
- Cover it with a lid. Cook it over low heat for an hour.
- Heat oven at 180C.
- Pour 1 cup extra water in the pot and cook in oven for another one hour.
- Serve it hot with fresh bread or pilaf and cacik.
Keywords: beef stew, beef stew recipe