Spiced Apple Compote Recipe
A super simple apple dessert with fall spices cooked in a skillet.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils for garnish
- Put diced apples in a large bowl.
- Add in spices and give it a good stir. Put it aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in brown sugar, bring it to low heat and cook until it dissolves.
- Add in spiced apples and cook covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it is too thick and about to stick, you can pour 1 or 2 tablespoons water and continue cooking until apples get tender.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and serve warm or cold.
If you want to make it vegan, just leave the butter out. Put everything together in a skillet and cook covered over low heat. You might need to a little water then.
Keywords: apple compote, apple cinnamon compote