Air Fryer Chicken Wings Baking Powder
Extra crispy air fryer chicken wings are easy to make thanks to the secret ingredient, baking powder.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Frying
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs (900 g) chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes separated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (NOT baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Dry each chicken wing well with some paper towels. Place the dried ones on a large plate.
- Sprinkle salt, paprika and baking powder on each dried chicken wing. Rub each so that the seasoning coats all sides of the wings.
- Spray the cooking rack of the air fryer with oil if it is not non-stick.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 F / 200 C for 5 minutes.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the rack. Don’t overlap. You might need to make it in batches. We cook ours in 2 batches.
- Place the basket in the air fryer. Set the time to 20 minutes. Press start.
- After 15 minutes, remove the basket, flip the wings over and put it back. Continue cooking.
- When the time is over, check the crispiness of the wings and cook for another 5 minutes if you want them extra crispy.
- Make sure that the wings are completely dry before adding the baking powder and spices.
- Don't over-season the wings, especially if you want to add a sauce to them afterwards!
- It is enough when the wings are lightly coated with baking powder.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer.
- You can measure the internal temperature of the wings. It must be 165 F degrees.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 773.9 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 39.5 g
- Cholesterol: 249.8 mg
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings baking powder, air fryer crispy chicken wings