How to Make Turkish Coffee
How to make Turkish coffee in its traditional way.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 2 Turkish coffee cups water
- 4 teaspoons Turkish coffee
- 1 cube sugar (see the note below)
- Put water, coffee and sugar in the coffee pot together. Place it on the lowest heat and stir the coffee continually to have a lot of foams until it boils. While doing it, be careful not to overflow it on your oven.
- When it is right about to boil and starts to rise, remove from the heat. Transfer the coffee foam into the Turkish coffee cups evenly using a teaspoon. Put it back over the heat and reheat the remaining coffee for about 10 seconds or until it boils and pour it into the coffee cups.
- Serve it with water on the side.
- If you like, you can also serve some chocolate or Turkish delight on a small plate to complete your service.
- Unsweetened (no sugar added), with little sugar (add ½ cube sugar), a bit sweeter (add 1 cube sugar), super sweet (add 2 cubes sugar). The measurement here is for one Turkish coffee cup. If you are making coffee for more than one person and everyone has different sugar liking, make their coffee one by one separately.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a traditional cezve or ibrik. A small saucepan work fine as well. The smaller, the better. If you are using a large saucepan and making the coffee for two, you won't have enough foams. On the other hand, if you are making it for 6-7 coffee cups, you will manage to get the foams. If you are after an easier and quicker way, you can definitely use a Turkish coffee maker. There are several brands and types with a wide range of prices online.
Keywords: Turkish coffee, how to make Turkish coffee