Chocolate Cake With Strawberry Filling
The easiest two-layered chocolate strawberry cake topped with chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable oil or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 160ml heavy cream
- 160g chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Filling and topping
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lightly oil two 6'' round spring form cake pans, line their bottoms with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer or a hand whisk until creamy.
- Add in oil, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture in two or three batches. Stir with a hand whisk just until combined. Don't over-mix!
- Share the batter into two pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then carefully remove them from the pans. Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate ganache.(See the video above).
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream just until it boils and pour it over the chocolate chips. Wait for 2 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Let it reach room temperature.
- Spread ¼ of your chocolate ganache on the first cake. Wait for about 10 minutes so that the ganache sets a bit.
- Thinly slice ½ cup of strawberries lengthwise and place them on the chocolate ganache you spread on the first cake.
- Carefully place the second cake on the strawberries, gently press on it just to help it set.
- Pour the rest of the ganache over it. Wait about 10 minutes and then place the rest of the strawberries as they are on the top.
- Place a sprig of fresh mint on the very top.
- If you think it is not brown enough, you can add one or two tablespoons extra cocoa powder.
- This is our ultimate chocolate cake recipe. So instead of sharing the batter in two small cake pans, you can just bake it in one round cake tin or a loaf tin if you are not planning to add the ganache and strawberry layer in between. You can still drizzle the ganache over your cake for sure to make a one-layer chocolate cake.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 34.8 g
- Sodium: 425.4 mg
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.6 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 65.2 mg
Keywords: chocolate strawberry cake, chocolate cake with strawberries