Roasted Chicken Drumsticks with Pumpkin
Chicken drumsticks and pumpkin are flavored with rosemary, garlic and pomegranate molasses.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup water
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cut into finger size slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- A few sprigs rosemary
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ tsp salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Wash chicken drumsticks and place them in a non stick pan.
- Pour ½ cup water into it, cover and cook over medium high heat until chicken releases water.
- Bring it to medium low heat and keep cooking until tender.
- Transfer them in a baking pan.
- Pour that little stock in a bowl.
- Heat half of the olive oil in the same pot.
- Saute pumpkin slices in it for 5 minutes.
- Transfer them in the baking pan.
- Toss in rosemary leaves and garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on them.
- Heat rest of the olive oil in the pot and pour the stock into it.
- Add in pomegranate molasses and cook until a little caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle it over chicken and pumpkin.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot.
Keywords: chicken and pumpkin recipe, roasted chicken recipe