Roasted Beet Hummus Recipe
A super healthy and tasty roasted beet hummus with a lovely color.
- ½ pound red beets (3 small beets)
- 1 can (15 oz) cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- Green olives
- Extra tahini
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap the beets in foil separately and place on a baking sheet. Roast 40 minutes or until tender. Test with a fork. Let them cool. Then peel and chop the beets.
- In a food processor, place chopped beets, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cumin, olive oil, tahini and water. Blend until smooth. Taste and make adjustments if needed.
- Transfer it onto a plate. Garnish with herbs, olives, cucumber slices, extra tahini, almonds and popcorn.
- Serve with baguette slices.
Use gluten-free bread or crackers when serving if making it for gluten-free diet.