Poached Quince Dessert
Simple Poached Quince. A super light fruit dessert flavored with cloves and enriched with cream.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dessert
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
• 2 quinces
• 4 tbsp sugar
• 1 ½ cup water
• A few cloves
• Cream for garnish
- Peel the quinces and cut them into two. Discard the seeds, but don’t throw them away. We’ll use them because they give the red color to the dessert.
- Pour the water in a pot. Put the quinces in it and place 1 tbsp sugar on each half as you see in the picture. Add the seeds for color and a few cloves for a nice aroma. Put the lid on the pot and bring it to boil.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat to minimum and boil it for one and a half hour. Do not try to stir it with a spoon, just shake the pot a few times.
- Serve warm or cold.
- To serve it, take one half of quince on a plate and garnish it with some cream. You may also garnish it with some walnut or pistachio, or you may prefer it plain.
Keywords: quince, quince recipes