Lime Bundt Cake
Not too sweet, wonderfully tangy lime cake with lime glaze.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
For the lime glaze:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter a 9 inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in milk, olive oil, lime juice and lime zest and mix.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and add the mixture gradually into the wet mixture. Stir with a spatula just until everything is blended.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and bake about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest in the pan for about 15 minutes and remove it from the pan.
- For the glaze, whisk together the juice, zest and powdered sugar until smooth. Add extra powdered sugar if you want a thicker glaze. Drizzle over the cake when it is completely cooled.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 20.1 g
- Sodium: 35.4 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.4 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 46.5 mg
Keywords: lime bundt cake, bundt cake with lime glaze, lime cake