Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 2 pounds sugar
- Half lemon, juice only
- Wash the strawberries very well changing the water in the bowl several times.
- There shouldn’t be any sand or soil left. Cut their stems and put them in a pot.
- Then add sugar on it. Put its lid on and wait these strawberries for a day.
- After a day, there should be no sugar, all melted and strawberries should release their juice and should be floating.
- Now you can take this pot on medium heat and boil it for about 45 minutes. It will get denser.Take the floams with a slotted spoon.
- You can check if it’s done or not by dropping some on a plate. If it sticks and doesn’t flow easily when you turn the plate upside down, it’s done.
- Then add lemon juice and bring it to boil a few times. Then you can pour the jam in glass jars and let it cool.