Spice Pumpkin Muffins With Cake Mix
Moist and fluffy pumpkin muffins made with cake mix, spices, oil and buttermilk. They are enriched with roasted peanuts.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 and ½ cups cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Extra peanuts for topping, optionally
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in cake mix and spices. Fold in chopped peanuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, share the batter into muffin tin. Sprinkle extra peanuts over them.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Don't leave out eggs, oil and buttermilk! These are the key ingredients for delicious pumpkin muffins with cake mix. This recipe could easily be made with two ingredients: a boxed cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. But don't do that. We don't recommend this! For fluffy, soft and moist muffins, you should use eggs, oil and buttermilk in the recipe. Otherwise, you end up with dense muffins.
- If you don't have buttermilk, you can easily make it at home. Mix 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar in a cup. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and your buttermilk is ready.
- If you use a spice cake mix, leave the spices in our ingredient list out.
- Brush your muffin pan with oil or use paper liners and then pour the batter. This will help you remove muffins from the pan or paper liners easily.
- Don't over-mix the batter. After adding the cake mix and spices, mix with a hand whisk just until everything combines well. And just stir a few times after adding nuts (or chocolate chips).
- Don't use pumpkin pie filling in this recipe. It contains sugar and spices, so it is definitely not for this recipe. Use pure pumpkin puree.
- Always test your muffins after 20 minutes before removing them from the oven. If a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, they are done. If it comes out wet, you need to bake them for a few more minutes. Check mini muffins after 10 minutes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 202.6 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 24.9 mg
Keywords: pumpkin muffins with cake mix, cake mix pumpkin muffins, easy pumpkin muffins