Turkish Sigara Borek Recipe
Crispy phyllo filled with cheese and parsley. Incredibly tasty snack both for kids and adults.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Turkish
For The Filling:
- 1 and ½ cup crumbled cheese (like feta)
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
For the phyllo rolls:
- 2 phyllo sheets
- ½ cup oil for frying
For the filling:
Combine cheese with parsley in a bowl.
To make the phyllo rolls:
- Place a phyllo sheet on the counter. Cut it into triangles using a sharp knife. Just like slicing a pizza. First, cut it into two. Then into four and then into eight.
- Grab a triangle and place it on the counter. Put about 1 tablespoon filling on the wide end of the triangle. Leave some room at each side.
- Fold in both edges first and then fold the wide end. Roll the phyllo until the top edge of the triangle.
- Brush the top part of the triangle with water so that it sticks when rolled.
- Repeat these for the remaining phyllo dough triangles.
Heat oil in a pan. Fry the cheese rolls in batches until golden. Transfer them on paper towel and serve warm.
Keywords: turkish snack, phyllo recipe, phyllo dough, borek, turkish borek