Bulgur Pilaf with Green Lentils
Bulgur pilaf with lentils is ready in about 30 minutes. Makes a perfect side for chicken or beef.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup green lentils, rinsed well and soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups hot water, divided
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Sauté the diced onion until soft.
- Add in green lentils and stir.
- Pour 1/2 cup hot water in the pan and cook it covered over low heat until lentils get tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add in bulgur and salt when the water is absorbed and stir well. Cook over medium high heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring it to the lowest heat.
- Pour 2 cups hot water in the pan and cook covered until all the water is gone, about 15 minutes.
- Let it rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Fluff with a fork and add in chopped parsley. Serve warm.
Keywords: bulgur wheat, bulgur pilaf, how to cook bulgur wheat