No Butter Apple Cinnamon Muffins
So refreshing, soft and light apple muffins without butter and sugar. Made with whole wheat flour, these keep you full for a long time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 15 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup agave (maple syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 and ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple, grated (I used 2 apples)
- 2 apples, thinly sliced for topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix eggs and agave until smooth.
- Add in olive oil and continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add these to the wet mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Fold in grated apple.
- Share batter into muffin liners, top with thin apple slices and sprinkle cinnamon over them. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Check if they are done with a toothpick.
- Remove the muffin tin from oven and let it cool.
Keywords: apple muffins, apple cinnamon muffins, healthy apple muffins