3 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
These coconut macaroons are wonderfully toasted on the outside and chewy and moist in the center.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3 egg whites, medium not large
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and powdered sugar until foamy.
- Add in the shredded coconut and stir gently with a spatula. Try to make a ball with your hand, squeezing the ball a little. If you think it is too dry and doesn't hold together, add one small egg white. If you think it is too moist, add a little extra coconut.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a measuring tablespoon, drop macaroons on the parchment paper. You can make balls using your hands too.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Open the oven and place them on the top shelf. Bake for another 2-3 minutes or until their top gets golden.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Keep them in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 21.6 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: macaroons, how to make macaroons