Zucchini and Tomato Focaccia Bread
Focaccia bread topped with zucchini, tomatoes and black olives.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 3 and ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1tbsp dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 yolks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 zucchinis, cut in rings
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in rings
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- Sift flour in a large bowl.
- Mix water, sugar and yeast. Pour it into the bowl.
- Add in salt, olive oil and egg. Combine them very well.
- You can add extra water or flour to have a non sticky soft dough.
- Cover and wait it for 40 min to rise.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line 2 oven trays with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into two and place each into trays.
- Flatten them by pressing with your hands.
- Make small lines on loaves with a knife or your fingers.
- Cover them with a wet towel and wait for another 30 min.
- Mix yolks with olive oil and brush loaves with it.
- Place zucchini and tomato slices on loaves gently pressing on them.
- Toss black olives on it.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over it before serving.
Note: You can keep one of the loaves unbaked in the refrigerator for 3 days, so you can bake it later if these ingredients are too much for you.