Zucchini is thought as a Summer vegetable, but what should we do if we still have zucchinis in Fall? Continue cooking with this no calorie, fiber rich vegetable for sure! This mezze is one of our favorites. Most of Turkish mezzes contain more calories, but this one is both super healthy and appetizing! This is generally served as mezze in our cuisine with raki, but I love to have it as a side dish with meat or chicken. Flavors in it are enoguh to tempt you to go buy a small bottle of raki. Your mouth starts to water even when preparing it, especially at the step when you mix mashed garlic with yogurt. You don’t need any other mezze on your table if you have this. If you are not a raki person, no problem. You will still be addicted to this zucchini mezze and you will find your way to eat it. To give you an idea, spreading a generous amount of this mezze in your sandwich, which is Yusuf’s idea, is still another great way to use it. You can then place your favorite ingredients for sandwich and enjoy! Believe me it’s as good as mayonnaise, even better in sandwiches.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup strained yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- ¼ cup walnut, crumbled
- ½ bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Grate zucchinis and squeeze their water with your hands or putting them in a cheese cloth.
- Heat olive oil and saute grated zucchini stirring occasionaly for about 10 minutes. Put it aside to chill.
- Add little water in strained yogurt to loosen.
- Mix it with salt, walnut, mashed garlic and chopped fresh dill.
- Wait it in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes. Serve cold.