I’ve never had turmeric bread before. I’m not sure if I’ve seen it before, either. I just love its color and I thought it would be a good idea to make yellow bread. Also, I’ve been trying to find ways to use turmeric as it is one of those magical foods. You can read more about health benefits of turmeric here.
Besides their lovely color, these breads have a very nice flavor coming from turmeric. Its tempting scent filled all the house and everyone got curious about the food in the oven. They looked so pleased when they saw this shining turmeric buns. They have a soft texture, too. Well, I can say that these breads are very much like savory pastries sold at bakery shops. What is more, I used whole wheat flour and oat flour. If you want healthy, yummy and lovely breads, try these! I highly recommend you to eat several of these when they are newly baked. Just ignore gaining weight! These are healthy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp dry instant yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mineral water (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Mix dry ingredients except yeast and sugar. Add yeast and sprinkle sugar just right on it.
- Pour a little mineral water on them and mix.
- Add olive oil and rest of mineral water and mix until you have a soft dough.
- Wait it for about 40 minutes until it rises.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Lay baking sheet on baking tray.
- Make balls and place them on it. Wet your hand and pat the balls and sprinkle nigella sativa, sesame and poppy seeds on them.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Bake them for 35 minutes until golden.
You can understand if they are done by checking their bottom. If they get a little brownish on the bottom, take them out. These ingredients make 19 small buns.