Turkish Savory Rice Porridge Lapa
A super healthy and light rice porridge made with rice, water and yogurt. Helps to cure stomach problems and diarrhea.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 cup rice
- 6 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, optional
- 1 lemon, optional
- Rinse the rice briefly. Don’t over-rinse. We need the starch in it.
- Bring the water to boil, add in the rice, reduce the heat and cook until it boils.
- Bring the heat to the lowest and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Stir it every now and then so that the rice doesn’t stick at the bottom of the pot.
- Check the consistency. Simmer longer if it’s thinner than you want, add more hot water if it’s thicker.
- Serve it in bowls with some plain yogurt, lemon wedges, sumac and dried mint.
Store the leftover rice porridge in the refrigerator without the garnish.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 311.9mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: rice porridge, savory porridge