Turkish Rice Pilaf with Orzo
A light and fluffy rice pilaf with orzo recipe that comes out fluffy every time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup orzo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup water, hot
- Parsley for garnish
- Put the rice in a sieve. Rinse under hot water well to remove the starch until the water gets clear. Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large shallow pan. Add orzo and cook it over medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add in rice and salt. Cook stirring occasionally until the rice gets bright white, about 5 minutes.
- Pour hot water over rice, cover the pan and bring it to boil.
- Bring the heat to the lowest when it boils and let it simmer until all the water is absorbed, for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Give it a gentle stir.
- Line the top of the rice with some paper towel. Let it rest covered for 15 minutes before serving.
- Gently stir with a wooden spoon or fluff with a fork, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Keywords: rice pilaf, rice pilaf with orzo